TO ALL MEETING REGISTRANTS,
It is with deep sadness that I am informing you that the RPA leadership has decided to cancel our 2020 Annual Meeting and all ancillary events scheduled for next week in Baltimore. Due to the escalation of the coronavirus we believe it would be irresponsible for us to proceed with convening a group of health care providers from across the country. As you might imagine, this has been an agonizing decision for our leadership but ultimately, we believe that cancelling our events is the best course of action at this time.
The health and safety of our attendees and kidney patients with whom you interact every day must come first. One of the greatest values of the RPA meeting is the opportunity to engage with one another and we are sorry we will need to wait until March 18-21, 2021, to do so in New Orleans. We hope we will see you then.
We plan to refund all registration fees but ask that you consider donating your registration fee to the RPA to help lessen the tremendous financial blow to the association since we are responsible for paying significant hotel and other penalties for cancelling the meeting. If you would like a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Stay well.
Dale Singer, MHA
Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
RPA is continuing to monitor developments related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and potential impact on travel to the 2020 Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD. At present, the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront is operating normally. Any changes to operating status will be communicated immediately to all registered meeting attendees. As you know, the Corona virus is spread primarily through coughed or sneezed droplets, rather than being airborne, so in a social situation, the best strategy for protection is hand sanitation and avoiding touching the face and mucus membranes. Although our gathering is not expected to be high risk, we plan to have copious sanitizers readily available to keep our hands clean and minimize any transmission! For the most up-to-date information regarding the virus, please refer to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Coronavirus Fact Sheet from the CDC
Coronavirus: Travel and Tips
In light of the rapidly-changing news around Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we understand that some attendees may have concerns about traveling to and attending the conference. We are closely monitoring the situation and following all CDC recommendations. We are also working with the conference venue to take appropriate action to provide a healthy conference environment.
For more information, please visit the CDC website on COVID-19.
Tips for a Healthier Conference
Please help us make the 2020 RPA Annual Meeting a healthier conference for everyone by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Skip the handshake: Try an elbow bump, head nod, or air fist bump.
- Wash hands frequently: Use soap and warm water. If a sink is not immediately available, look for a hand sanitizing station.
- Avoid touching your face: This includes your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or disposable tissue: But really, if you are not feeling well (including have a fever, cough, and/or sneezing), avoid coming in contact with people or coming to talks. And please seek medical care or help from an RPA staff member if needed.
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily: Where possible use your knuckles instead of your fingertips for pushing buttons and use paper towels or tissues for opening doors after washing your hands.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the staff on site. Our team is working hard to keep the conference space clean and healthy. We appreciate your help and hope you have a wonderful meeting!
Let's Make A Deal!
This year's focus is Negotiation. Learn proven techniques to use in
every negotiation process and come out further ahead than you ever thought possible.
You'll leave this workshop knowing how to:
- Improve the ability to analyze negotiations in a variety of contexts.
- Prepare for a negotiation and determine your bargaining power.
- Identify the most effective negotiation strategies.
- Improve the ability to conduct successful negotiations.
- Recognize opportunities to negotiate.
- Negotiate win/win outcomes that enhance long-term working relationships.
The RPA 2020 Leadership Workshop is in collaboration with the American Association for Physician Leadership.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Elements and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Association for Physician Leadership® and the Renal Physicians Association. The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.