The RPA QAPI MOC Program is now available.
Participating nephrologists who attend at least five (5) QAPI meetings in a six (6) month period will be able to claim 20 Practice Assessment Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points under the Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Program. All nephrologists who maintain their certification through ABIM are eligible to earn MOC credit through QAPI activities.
The following dialysis organizations are participating in the 2017 Program:
- American Renal Associates
- Aspirus Dialysis Centers
- Atlantic Dialysis Management Services
- Berkshire Medical Center
- Branson/Harrison Dialysis
- Chattanooga Kidney Centers
- Circle Medical Management
- DaVita Healthcare Partners
- Dialyze Direct
- Fresenius Kidney Care
- Health Systems Management
- Loyola Center for Dialysis
- Satellite Health
- Trudy Weishaupt Satellite Dialysis
- US Renal Care
- UVA Dialysis
If your dialysis organization is not listed, you are not eligible to participate in this program in 2017.
Instructions for Nephrologists
If your dialysis organization is listed above, please complete the following steps.
- You will register directly on the RPA QAPI MOC Program Portal.
- If you have used PQRSwizard, RPA Kidney Quality Improvement Registry or Medconcert, or participated in the RPA QAPI MOC Program in 2016, you will use the same username and password for this site. If you have not previously registered, please click the "sign up" button and follow the prompts.
If you need help with your Medconcert password, please use the “forgot password” link on Medconcert or email firstname.lastname@example.org. RPA does not have access to this password.
- Select RPA QAPI MOC program and complete the registration. If you do not see the RPA QAPI MOC Program, enter "QAPI" into the search box.
- Indicate which QAPI meetings you attended as well as the topic for each. Nephrologists must attend 5 QAPI meetings in a 6-month period to claim MOC credits.
- QAPI information must be submitted by December 8, 2017 for the 2017 program year.
- The dialysis organization or facility will verify your participation.
- Following verification by the dialysis organization or facility, RPA will transmit your participation data to ABIM, and ABIM will issue the MOC credit.
- You will be notified that their MOC credit has been assigned via an automated email from ABIM. You may also access their Self-Evaluation Activity Report on the ABIM website to confirm the MOC credit has been granted.
The program is $50 per year, per nephrologist. You do not need to be a RPA member to participate.